- Allexperts Wine Q&A - Volunteer experts answer
questions about wine.
the Wine Master - Offers knowledge and advice about winemaking and viticulture,
along with tips on tasting, pouring, and serving wine. Submit your own wine questions.
- Baron Phillippe
de Rothschild S.A. - Owns properties in France, Chile, and the United States.
Contains detailed information about the many brands and the company, as well as
online sales. [Flash required]
Wineeducation.com - Basic and advanced information, along with reviews, from
a wine consultant.
- Beringer Blass Wine Estates - Owns wineries in
the United States, Australia, Italy, and Chile. Features wine clubs, winery profiles,
and investor relations.
- Family-owned producer with locations in France, the United States, and Canada.
Includes property list, a company overview, staff profiles, and winemaking information.
- BottleCount - Free online cellar organization
service that stores tasting notes, scores, and location. Includes instructions,
a discussion board, and a database.
Wine - Owns vineyards and wineries in the United States, Australia, and Chile,
producing several popular brands. Includes company information, recipes, and wine
- Cellarnotes.net - Reference with information about
grape varieties, wine types, production regions, storing, serving, and terminology.
- Chalone Wine Group - Parent company for seven
wineries in California, Washington State, and France. [Flash required]
Inc. - Multinational producer offers information about their brands, including
Veuve Cliquot, Krug, Chateau D'Yquem, Cheval Blanc, Bouchard Pere et Fils, Castello
di Monsanto, and Cloudy Bay.
- DamnGoodWine.com - Features reviews of wines and
winery visits, articles, basic information for beginners, an "ask the experts"
section, and event listings.
Barons de Rothschild - History, vineyard and vintage information about the
first growth Bordeaux, Ch√Ęteau Lafite Rothschild, and other family properties
in France, Spain, Portugal, and the United States.
& J. Gallo Winery - One of the world's largest producers, with wineries
in the United States, Italy, and Australia. Includes information about product
lines, awards, and the company.
- Enemyvessel.com - Offers the Wine Therapy discussion
forums for general topics and organizing tastings.
- Epicurious Wine Dictionary - Comprehensive, easy-to-use
dictionary of wine terms.
- Harrington's West Coast Wine Net - Provides informational
updates on wineries and other industry matters. Also offers wine tasting notes,
food matching suggestions, wine discussion and chat.
- Interactive FAQ for alt.food.wine - Articles explaining
the Usenet newsgroup's most frequent topics.
- The Internet Guide to Wine and Wine FAQ. - Frequently
Asked Questions along with personal observations on the subject.
Wine - An exploration of the world of wine including wine and the Bible, storing
wine, events calendar and wine toasts.
- ISWN -
International Standard Wine Number offers a searchable database of wines identified
by a unique code. Includes information about the wines, producers, and production
- Latinlinks: Columella and Ancient Roman Wines
- Articles from a Ph.D. thesis focusing on Roman vinous history.
Shea's WineIntro - Features reviews, a glossary, tasting instructions, descriptions
of wine types, discussion forums, and food and wine pairing information.
- Novus Vinum
- Covers a range of topics, including tasting notes, feature articles, a glossary,
food pairing tips, events, and links. From Gayot.com.
- Sutter Home Wine Guide - Tips about buying, storing
and serving wine, choosing glassware, and pairing food with wine.
TheWineGuru.com - Offers reviews, articles, chat
room, and wine education.
- Features winery and retailer databases, recipes with wine-pairing suggestions,
news, articles, and a weekly audio program. Also sells wine-related gifts.
- VINOmania - Curiosities, suggestions and games
about wine. A special section about wines of Italy. Updated monthly.
Vinopolis - A visitor attraction and events venue
dedicated to the whole world of wine. Located in London, UK.
- Free online management of cellar contents, tasting notes, ratings, and labels
in a personal account. Also contains a discussion forum.
- W3Commerce: Tasting Wine - Covers diverse topics
including tasting, food pairing, production regions, and vocabulary.
- A free service site with ads, notices of wine related events, and wine making
News - Topix.net - News about wine collected from diverse sources on the web.
- Wine on
the Web - Frequently updated interviews, news, and reviews for a wide range
of budgets. Also contains audio features [ASF format].
- Wine Regions of the World - Information on wine
regions and cultivation. One of a series of interlinked sites, sponsored by distributor
and marketer Hatch Mansfield, about the history, science, and culture of wine.
- The Wine
Room - Provides information about the world's wine. You can also sign up for
a monthly newsletter.
Television - Information about the international television series. Includes
episode summaries, news, articles, event listings, recipes, and an ask the expert
- Wineanswers.com - Offers information through FAQs,
columns, quizzes, a glossary, and e-mailing the experts directly. Managed by the
Wine Market Council, a non-profit US trade organization.
- A large and rich guide to wine on the internet with columnists like Jerry D.
Mead. Message boards and recommendations, lots of links.
- yumseng.com - Informal, informational coverage
of the wine scene in Singapore.
- Provides information about how to choose wines, reviews by editors and users,
and the ability to search for wines by flavor preferences.
content of the EDinformatics directory is based on the Open
Directory and is enhanced using EDinformatics own technology.
Modified by EDinformatics - ©2004 EDinformatics